How many versions of SoundBender® are there and what is the difference between them?
- Version 1.0 - Magnet is embedded and unable to be removed. Made specifically for iPad® 2 (original production)
- Version 2.0 - Magnet is reversible allowing user to flip the magnet to fit the magnetic polarity of your specific iPad® 2, 3, or 4.
- Version 3.0 - Magnet automatically spins to correct polarity to your iPad® 2, 3, or 4.
If my SoundBender 2.0 is not magnetically attaching to my iPad® and it repels, what should I do?
- Check to make sure you have version 2.0 (with square opening on back)
- Pop out magnet through the back access square (You could use a pen to do this)
- Flip magnet over
- Reinsert magnet through opening on side showing the volume icon so it clicks into place and is flush
You're good to go! Still need help? Contact us
Which Generation of iPad® will SoundBender work on?
SoundBender 2.0 & 3.0 work with the following iPad models:
- iPad® 2
- iPad® 3
- iPad® with Retina display (4th generation)
Does SoundBender work with cases Or covers?
SoundBender works with cases that have the speaker area completely free of obstruction. Some good examples of a case and cover that work great with SoundBender:
- Targus Cases
- Apple Smart Cover
Will you be making SoundBender for iPad Air, iPad mini, iPhone, or other devices?
Yes. We will be launching a Kickstarter campaign soon where you can pre-order a SoundBender for iPad Air/mini. It will be available in February, 2014. We are also working on several other additions to the SoundBender line of products including for iPhone and Microsoft Surface. Sign up to our email list for updates.